Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fishy Friday: Orange Shouldered Tang



Today for Fishy Friday,I'm going to tell you about the Orange Shouldered Tang.

The Orange Shouldered tang,Acanthurus olivaceus,is a good sized tang reaching sizes of 10-14 in.It sets its name from the orange line on the side of its body.They come in two colors: White,and bright yellow.The juveniles are usually yellow,and they develop their orange line as they get older.Found out by Australia and Japan,it is a popular fish to tourists.The adults are a creamy white color in the front,but more blue in the back(I don't know why.).The dorsal fin has a bluish tint to it at the end,same with the pectoral fin.Its amazing to see that this animal can go through such a color change in its lifetime.They are herbivores,mainly feeding on algae and something called detritus.They may live to 10 years old.

That's my report on the Orange Shouldered Tang.I got the info from www.animal-world.com and www.fishlore.com and the pics from free google images and www.fishlore.com.The End.





1 comment:

  1. These are neat looking! I'm learning more about fish from you than I've learned in my entire life!

    ReplyDelete