Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Book Report: The Hunger Games, Mockingjay

Hello once again people who read this blog! I got a very nice gift for Christmas. Well, I got several, but this one was different then all the others. It was a book instead of an electronic, and that book was the Mockingjay. Now, even if you haven't read the Hunger Games series, you will probably by now have seen the thousands of advertisements for the movie "THE HUNGER GAMES, MOCKINGJAY! WATCH IT! WATCH IT! WATCH IT!!!!!" You know. Me personally I think the movies are terrible compared to the books, but that's a given with movies. But the books are AMAZING. This is probably my second favorite book series, next to, obviously, the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series. It is however a lot more...gruesome, then the Percy Jackson series. By a long shot. Incase you don't know, the Mockingjay book is the 3rd installment in the Hunger Games trio, and in my opinion probably the best of the three. Here's the picture.

I'm not going to say the ending, but it starts off with Katniss being napped from the arena she so kindly decided to implode by Haymitch, Plutarch and Finnick. If you don't know who these people are, just bare with me. She's furious at them for not kidnapping Peeta instead to keep him safe like Haymitch promised, and gets sedated for several days. Once she wakes up she realizes she was being sent to the long sense forgotten District 13 after her home, District 12, was burnt to the ground with everyone she knows and loves, except for her family. :) Such a lovely book right? It get's better (or worse), but we wont go into detail on that.
Honestly I only have one word to describe that book: "HUUUEEEEHH!". Because that's what I found myself doing FOR THE WHOLE 2ND HALF OF THE BOOK. Read the book, or watch the second half of the third movie. Which isn't out yet. But it'd probably be better for you to read it rather then watch it, otherwise some of the stuff might be burnt into your retina for the rest of your life.

My point is: The book is amazing, yet disturbing. Still amazing though. Good story line. Good plot twists. Read it. Read it now. Shut down your computer and go read it. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.
And that concludes my book report on the Mockingjay. Picture is from Bing. I will see you all the next time I upload a post,
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment