Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Monday, January 30, 2012

My First Public Speaking Experience

Today I'm going to tell you about my first 4H presentation.



My first 4H presentation was about the Florida Dung Beetle, also known as the Rainbow Scarab Beetle. We got the idea on doing the Florida Dung Beetle when we were doing bug class and remembered how mom loved watching them roll the dung all around the yard. She would literally sit out there for long periods of time watching them!

Anyway, when we went to 4H county events we had to wait till everyone was done to do our presentation, giving me plenty of time to edit my speech. And let me tell you, being up in front of a bunch of people (Like 12, plus judges and mom) and not publicly speaking in 6 years can really make your legs shake. Caitlin just sat there leaning on the table tricking the audience with her cuteness. DON'T BE FOOLED! Shes evil. But that's besides the matter right now. I was just happy when it was over! Even though there were less people then I expected...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Now I have to do it AGAIN in front of more people this May at District Events! I hope you don't have to change your speech....

But I should be fine. I SHOULD. Me and Caitlin each got a ribbon for our presentation, even though she just stood there, and she also got a ribbon on her dress and I got a blue ribbon on my Ladybug Picture. Not bad for a first time presentation-er.

That's what happened at the 2012 County Events! I got the pictures from my moms camera and the info from my own experience. The End.


See you in May!


3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your presentation DJ, you are doing great, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy in your third paragraph, County Events, should have been capitalized since you used it as a proper noun. Otherwise good job. I think a little more descriptive terms would have helped your reader feel what you felt, but still a very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job DJ! I would of been shaking in my shoes too.

    ReplyDelete