Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Monday, June 22, 2015

American Timeline analysis, section 7: 1570

Hello once again people who read this blog! It feels like it's been awhile since I've done one of these. Or is that just me? Either way, today we're moving on to section 7 in our American timeline!

1570, exact date unknown: The Iroquois Confederacy is founded.

Yeah, not much to talk about today. The I. Confederacy was a group consisting of 5 Indian tribes, however it would later go on to include 6. These tribes/nations were the Mohawk, Onondaga, Oneida, Cayuga, Seneca and Tuscarora. The "Six Nations" is still going today, actually, with around 45,000 members in Canada and 80,000 in The United States.

Considering the group consisted of 6 tribes with 6 religions and beliefs, there was obviously a HUGE mix in the community. More than I have time to talk about. But there were rumors to be all sorts of things from secret societies, to exorcisms, to even cannibalism.

Well, that's basically all I have time for today because I'm pretty hungry. I will see you all in the next post. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment