Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Fun Friday The Letter N: Narwhals

Today I'm going to tell you about the Narwhal.The narwhal is one of the medium sized whales of the Arctic Ocean and the Canadian Arctic next to the Beluga Whale.Unlike any other whale or fish the narwhal has a unicorn like horn on its face and that's what narwhal means, unicorn whale. But actually it's not a horn,it's a tooth!That's right,a big long tooth sticking out of the upper lip.Plus this tooth is no puny feller,when I said big I meant big not 3 feet long but up to 9 feet long now that would make a woolly mammoths tusk feel a little jealous.And if you thought the
tooth was big the body is even bigger!Up to 16 feet in length.The narwhal is a carnivore feeding on lots of items like wolfish,and gonatus squid.The narwhal is a whale that usually is in small groups from 10 to sometimes 15 narwhals.That's my report on the narwhal.The End.










14 comments:

  1. Very good job. I do not see any mistakes in grammar, or spelling. Proofreading serves you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very interesting to read about DJ. The big tooth on the narwhal is so amazing. I love your blog and both David and I are learning so much from all your posts about animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh DJ, this is very interesting. I have never seen a Narwhal before, let alone never heard of this type of whale. The tooth is unique, it looks like a unicorn on the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJ,I never thought I could learn so much from a nine-year-old like you.Very informative and entertaining.Don't laugh at me but it's my first time hear about Narwhals. Great job,DJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, very good article DJ, very informative and interesting. Like what your mom said, the writing has no errors, you are doing really great and you have a great teacher in your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article and love the photo and video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting!
    I loved this post. Had no idea there are whales that look like these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mrs.Kristy,there's still more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like I said Ebie,narwhal means "unicorn whale".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't laugh at you online writer lot's of people say huh when they here the word narwhal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom is a good teacher huh Betchai,
    i guess It's her calling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful video! As a lover of animals, I did know about narwhals before, but not as much as I do now! Thank you for sharing!

    I find it very interesting that I've just seen a DVD about Belugas and Orcas, and am reading The Last Unicorn, in which the unicorns are pushed into the see, and now you're posting about narwhals! ^-^

    ReplyDelete